KARIBU KARATU TANZANIA - KKT has prepared a unique itinerary which allows the guest to combine the all African experiences of the safari, ancient African cultural traditions, along with the opportunity to relax within the unique environment of Lake Victoria. As with all of our itineraries, our experts are a “click away” from customizing the itinerary to suit your personal requirement in accordance with your available time.
(Drive In/Fly Out) - 14 days /13 nights -
- Day 1 - Arrive at Kilimanjaro Airport. Collect and transport to overnight accommodation in Arusha. Free time for orientation and briefing by guide.
- Day 2 - Morning drive to Tarangire National Park arriving late morning. Enjoy lunch box in Park before afternoon game drive. Park is famous for ancient baobob trees and large herds of elephants. Late afternoon drive to Karatu, outside Ngorogoro Conservation Area. Overnight in Karatu
- Day 3 - After breakfast, we drive a further 50 km up the “Great Rift Valley” to enjoy a cultural diversion at Lake Eyasi. The uniquely beautiful Lake Eyasi is the home of the indigenous Hadzabe and Datoga bushmen. Spend time learning the ancient hunting techniques and the local cultural practices. Relax and watch the sun set across the Great Rift Valley. Overnight at Lake Eyasi.
- Day 4 - Return in the direction of Karatu and the Ngorogoro Conservation Area and enter the world famous Ngorogoro Crater. Enjoy lunch inside the crater, one of the most picturesque locations in Africa. In the afternoon, experience a game drive amongst one of the highest densities of wildlife in Africa. Overnight on the crater rim within the Ngorogoro Conservation area.
- Day 5 - Proceed around the crater through the conservation area directly to Nduta short grass plains in the corner of the Ngorogoro Conservation Area and southern Serengeti plains, where the great migration begins. After lunch, continue the game drive through the massing herds of wilderbeast and zebra arriving from the north. Overnight in a seasonal tented camp within the migration path.
- Day 6 - Full day game drive in the Nduta area. Apart from the spectacle of the great mass of migrating animals, you will see wilderbeast calving, the babies up and running after three hours, as well as the ever present predators and scavengers. A myriad of birds are in evidence around the lake. We return late in the day to our seasonal tented camp to swap the stories of the day around the camp fire.
- Day 7 - After breaking camp, we leave Nduta, returning through the migrating herds and enter the “ Serengeti” proper at Nabi Gate. As we progress across the "endless plains" we begin to understand the meaning of the Masai word “Serengetti” The short grass changes to the longer grass which in turn changes to woodlands as we near our destination of Seronera in the central Serengeti. Overnight in tented camp.
- Day 8 - Full day game drive in the Central Serengeti amongst the rich array of resident animals and birds in the region of the Seronera River. Apart from the plains animals, the area has a very high population of leopards and lions. Overnight in tented camp.
- Day 9 - After breakfast, drive via the western corridor of the Serengeti to Lake Victoria. You will enjoy a packed lunch under the acacia trees on route, arriving at Mwanza on the shore of Lake Victoria in the late afternoon. Overnight on the shore of Lake Victoria and watch the sun set on Africa’s largest lake.
- Day 10–Leaving our overnight lodging, we proceed along the shore of Lake Victoria, stopping forlunch on the way, arriving in Kasenda, before transiting by boat to Rubondo Island. A short drive across the island through Rubondo National Park will take us to our final destination.
Dinner and overnight at Rubondo Resthouse.
- Day 11 - A morning game drive within “ Rubondo National Park”, is rewarded by the close up presence of animals such as elephant, giraffe, antelopes and the beautiful black and white colobus monkeys. Chimpanzees are also often seen. The island also hosts one of the most prolific populations of birds in all of Africa, providing a "paradise" for the ornithologist. Hot lunch and dinner provided at our accommodation ‘ Rubondo Resthouse”
- Day 12 - After breakfast, we leave accompanied by a park ranger to visit the “Chimp Habituation Program” where we can observe our closest surviving relatives, living in their natural environment. Return to the “Resthouse” for hot lunch and the afternoon is free for you to choose and enjoy the lake shore activities or just simply relax and reflect on the tranquility and uniqueness of your surroundings. Overnight in “ Rubondo Rest House”
- Day 13 - Another day to enjoy these unique surroundings. We set out early morning for a fishing safari on the lake. You will have the opportunity to catch the famous “Nile Perch”, one of the biggest game fish in Africa. After a morning on the water, return to your accommodation for lunch and then the afternoon is free for relaxation or booking yourself into activities such as birdwatching or walking safaris. Overnight in Rubondo Resthouse.
- Day 14 - All good things must come to an end. After breakfast, we transit back by boat and then road to Mwanza Airport, where we connect with our ongoing travel arrangements to either Kilimanjaro or Arusha Airports.
( Itinerary can be reversed to accommodate travel arrangements. Fly In to Mwanza / Drive out through Serengeti)
“Pick and Mix” Options to interchange within an Itinerary –
Bird watchers at Lake Manyara National Park can expect to see over 100 species of birds in one
day, apart from the abundant animals. An extra bonus of a night game drive to see the
nocturnal animals is also available. Overnight at Mto wa Mbu
Before or After Your flight- Relax
Arusha National Park provides spectacular scenery and a perfect location to wind up or wind
down, whichever is appropriate, before or after your safari. A game drive or a hike with the
“plains” wildlife in the region of Lake Momela is a truly rewarding experience. Overnight in
Cultural Diversion – Lake Eyasi
50km from Karatu is the uniquely beautiful Lake Eyasi the home of the indigenous Hadzabe and
Datoga bushmen. Spend time learning the ancient hunting techniques and the local cultural
practices. Relax and watch the sun set across the Great Rift Valley.
Overnight at Lake Eyasi.
Olduvai Gorge – Archeological Site
See for yourself the site of your earliest ancestors, which was discovered by Mary Leaky in
1959. Today a museum dedicated to earliest man and his evolution, sits on the rim of the gorge.
Excavations are still ongoing. Located 6km from the Ngorogoro/Serengeti Road.
Lake Natron – For the Ornithologists and Adventurers.
Flamingos, flamingos and flamingos – During the months of June to December more than
3.000.000 flamingos gather in this alkaline lake for breeding purposes providing unlimited
opportunities for a "photo safari". Situated 25km from Ol Doinyo Lengai, the only active
volcano in the crater highlands, it is also the starting point for treks and ascents of the
mountain. Overnight in Lake Natron
Hot Air Balloon over the Serengetti –
Rise with the animals before breakfast over the Serengeti and treat yourself to an experience of
a lifetime culminating in a "champagne bush breakfast". Experience can be integrated into your
Masai Cultural Visit –
Experience of the wildlife in the Serengeti/ Ngorogoro Conservation Area would not be
complete without a visit to a “Masai Boma”
Understand the co-habitation of the Masai people
with the local wildlife, a truly unique situation in Africa. Consult our experts at the time of
SMV 1 – SERENGETI, SOUTHERN, MIGRATION AND LAKE VICTORIA ITINERARY ( 14D/13N)
RATE PER PERSON SHARING
| UNITED STATES DOLLARS
|STANDANRD LODGES/TENTED CAMPS/REST HOUSES
|REST HOUSES/ADVENTURE CAMPING/TENTED CAMPS
SSR * - Single supplement rate for non sharing person.
Children Rates – Discounted rates apply for children 14 years and younger upon application.
Rates for Luxury Lodges - Available on application
Rates for Clubs/Groups > 10 persons – Available on application.
Rest houses will be used on Rubondo Island with lodges and tented camps in locations where adventure camping is not available.
Rates for individuals to make up groups – Available on application.
Individual rate for personal safari – Available on application
Trip Cost Includes :-
- Professional “ Karibu Karatu Guide/Leader and local guides if applicable.
- Accommodation, based on double occupancy.
- Guaranteed window seat in 4WD safari vehicle.
- All meals included within safari itinerary. ( Lunch boxes are provided in the
- Cooking and camping equipment.
- Safari camp staff.
- Land transportation and airport transfers as noted.
- All National Park and Conservation Area Entrance Fees.
- Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour
- Game drives and activities as specified.
- Sports Fishing Fee and Boat
- Chimps Habituation
- Membership in Flying Doctor Society for emergency medical assistance.
- All taxes including VAT
- Domestic Flight to/ from Kilimanjaro Airport to Mwanza.
Trip Costs not Included :-
- International/National Airfares ( Unless booked as an extension )
- Passports, visa expenses or airport taxes.
- Immunizations and travel insurance.
- Beverages and mineral water in lodges and during safari unless specified.
- Wi-fi in vehicle unless pre-arranged. ( Wi-fi is available in all lodges and
- All items of personal nature including laundry.
- Optional gratuities to safari leaders and staff.
- Wi-fi in vehicle. ( Wi-fi is available in all lodges and tented camps)
- Gratuites to safari leaders and staff.